Followers

WELCOME

Welcome to the Order of the Opus Gluei!!!

New challenges every two weeks and open to YOUR interpretation - all art forms are welcome!

Come and play with us!

Sunday, September 20, 2009

UPDATED - Challenge #25 - It's National Sewing Month

FINALLY - Rosemary came through with her own project!

Did you know that September is National Sewing Month? It is also Prostate Awareness Month, Cholesterol Education Month, Preparedness Month, Food Safety Month, Pet Insurance Month, Chicken Recipe Month, etc... all worthy causes and worth exploring more.


But, this is Opus Gluei and we're going to focus on the crafty! (I hesitate to think what you fun followers would make for prostate awareness or pet insurance)
So, your challenge (should you accept it) is to make something using the theme "Sewing." It can be stitching on a card, faux stitching, a quilting project, etc. You know us, let your imagination lead you. (and if you are just dying to make something for the other national events for this month then have at it - I know I'll love to see them too!)


So, Rosemary here and this is my finished project - I tried to do a large wreath of felt leaves that just wouldn't come together. I needed more time and I will figure it out. But then I thought smaller and came up with this primitive ATC made of felt with embroidery floss embellishment. Hope you like it! I put a muslin heart on the back to have the title and other information included - since that is what you usually do with ATCs. I think it achieved what I was going for. Sorry it was so late. Even the poobahs sometimes get overwhelmed by other things!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Last week we showed what our new challenges are - what we Yearn to Learn!


Miss Kristen gave us another of her great card - this one is so classic and elegant. I don't know where she carves out the time to make such beautiful creations but somehow she does and we luck out to get to share them! She wants to learn Celtic art, I think that she will if she can find out how to function on 2 hours of sleep. Go Kristen Go!!!








One of our newest Opus Gluei Groupies, Miss Electra, also treated us to some eye candy and her yearn to learn wish - to dance Bollywood style. Doesn't that sound fun but challenging??? Love her moxie and her ATC for this new learning experience. Go Electra Go!!!


8 comments:

Electra said...

Kristen, your card is beautiful! Sympathy cards can be tricky to make and this is lovely!

Irit Shalom said...

love your challenge and your samples
HERE IS MY TRY FOR IT- STAMPED STITCHES
HERE IS MY LO

Jessica G. said...

Sewing reminds me of quilting, so that was the theme I used for my card. It would also have worked for last wee's challenge since I've always wanted to learn how to do the fabric kind!

http://jessobsession.blogspot.com/2009/09/quilted-christmas-patterns.html

Kristen H said...

I will be back with a stitched project later, but hey, I am so glad you did not choose a prostate project. I have no idea what I would make for that.

Kristen H said...

Here it is!
Thanks for coming by and checking it out. I hope you like it! Have a great day, I enjoyed playing along!!!
Here is my Russian Punch needle. I did it myself, and decided to make a card out of it.

Chat Noir said...

Hey GPs, good to be back.... Don't know if this will really qualify, but I tried! If I really think about sewing, I'll remember the pile of things I'm supposed to be altering (like the jeans to be turned into shorts, and the dress that needs to be longer). Anyway, here it is:

http://blackcatsmiaow.blogspot.com/2009/09/opus-glue-challenge-25.html

I wish I knew how to make those neat little links that Kristen uses.

Meikoningin said...

Here is my Sew-card :)

http://creations-blog.blogspot.com/2009/09/check-this-out-httpopus-gluei.html

Electra said...

What wonderful entries everyone has done-I LOVE your ATC Rosemary, it looks like a lot of work! I'm glad your kitty could help!

Here's my take on it:

wishiniknewhowtoblog.blogspot.com/sewing

On another note, I too would love to learn how Kristen does her direct links-maybe that should have been Chat Noir and my efforts for last week's challenge!