Followers

WELCOME

Welcome to the Order of the Opus Gluei!!!

New challenges every two weeks and open to YOUR interpretation - all art forms are welcome!

Come and play with us!

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Challenge # 81 - Color

The challenge this week is to use COLOR.
Specific colors that is.

Use these colors in your project this week:







*****
Jana here:  Rosemary and I have discussed the challenges for over a year now. We talk about them and agree on the subject for each week. Well, this one was no different. We discussed it. She emailed a color palette to me. I agreed that the colors are gorgeous, and that some beautiful projects would result from the color combo above. Then I came home and started my project. I went through several projects but couldn't decide. So I just started making the background paper. A technique from Tim Holtz's book. I picked out the colors that I thought I remembered from the color swatch above. As you can see, I missed the mark. But only by a little. I got the green, and the cranberry and the orange. But where in the world did I get the purple????? Ah, well. Here's one of a set of four cards that I made.




I mounted the background directly onto the card. I really love the way the colors POP against the black. I added a piece of white cardstock on the inside to write the message. Although, I could just use a white pen. All four cards turned out differently and I have the others posted on my blog here if you are interested.  

I hope you do better than I did in remembering the colors.

*****

Join us in our color adventure this week. Won't you?



1 comment:

Casii said...

Whoa, cool card Jana!