Followers

WELCOME

Welcome to the Order of the Opus Gluei!!!

New challenges every two weeks and open to YOUR interpretation - all art forms are welcome!

Come and play with us!

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Challenge # 167 - Halloween Apple

The lovely Deena has challenged us to use a fruit of the Autumn Harvest in our creations this time around. Pumpkins, apples, gourds, etc. are all fair game. I'm thinking you should probably have a glass of wine to get the proper mood going. After all grapes are an Autumn harvest too. 

Deena here:  my interpretation is with some pumpkins as our Thanksgiving holiday is next weekend...mmm turkey and stuffing and all the works...and a day off work is always great too!



Jana here: I interpreted Deena's theme using an embroidery piece I made a couple years back. I stitched it up and loved the way it looked in the oval hoop. I just didn't feel like it was finished. Until a few weeks ago. I started seeing these adorable crocheted hoops on Instagram. A proverbial light bulb went on in my head, and I KNEW. So I pulled out my little embroidery and crocheted the hoop into a perfect frame.






Rosemary here and my interpretation of our theme prompted me to go autumnal rather than Halloween and make a gatefold card with a cornucopia/horn of plenty with pomegranates, apples, grapes, and pumpkins.  Love all the rich colors of Fall, don't you?






You have until the end of Saturday 19 October to join in with your fabulous creation. Add your blog post address to Mr Linky below.

If you would like to join in with a previous challenge we've set (life happens and lateness is absolutely fine, we don't mind a bit) just add your blog post address to Mr Linky below. Please make sure your blog post refers to the previous challenge you are entering so we don't get confused.  

We look forward to visiting you! This is a Blog Hop!!!

No comments: